MYKONOS MARINA – LANGEBAAN
Temporary 1200L per hour mobile sea water desalination system for Mykonos Marina and Boat Yard, including the supply of water to car washes, laundromats, and construction sites in the langebaan area.
- Mobile plant 1200 LPH plant
- Mobile pre-filtration using Activated Filter Media and Sodium Hypochlorite pre-treatment
- Civil works included: Compacting area and installing raw and fresh water tanks, as well as pressure maintenance to existing services.
- Marine work: Laying of underwater pipeline in the Marina (Intake and brine discharge pipes)
- Coastal Water Discharge Permit acquired through collaboration with SRK Environmental consulting
The mobile seawater desalination plant was designed and installed in December 2017 for the Marina to continue with the day to day operations for the boat owners and for the boat yard to continue with the maintenance and servicing of vessels during the water crisis.
The plant operates continuously throughout the year and is to be upgraded in the near future to be able to support the Mykonos Estate as well as surrounding estates. This upgrade will take considerable stress off the supply to the Langebaan area and its residents.